Azpilicueta Reserva 2017
Azpilicueta Reserva is a classic red wine from the D.O.Ca. Rioja, with an elaboration of 20 to 30 days at a temperature of 30ºC, then undergoes an aging of at least 16 months in French and American oak barrels, with different toasting to enhance the aromas of the varieties, and a minimum period of 20 months in bottle.
- Wine region
- Tempranillo, Graciano y Mazuelo
- 16 months in French and American oak barrels.
- Bottle of
- 750 ml.
- Alcohol content
- It has an intense ruby red color with brick-red reflections.
- On the nose it has subtle aromas of vanilla and quince.
- On the palate it is soft, silky and with a pleasant persistence.
- White meats, red meats, game, roast lamb, pork or beef, poultry, mushrooms, cured and blue cheeses.
The history of Azpilicueta dates back to the early 90s when the winemaking team of Bodegas AGE (a winery originally from Azpilicueta) decided to create a new selection of wines that would mark the future of the winery.
The main objective was to return to the area the style of the old crianza and reserva wines. Wines are made that respect the traditional varieties (Tempranillo, Graciano and Mazuelo) to achieve the maximum potential of each grape.
The history of the wines of Bodegas AGE is full of great wines. But the most important of them is the one that today bears the surname of its founder: Azpilicueta. Only the best wines are selected to bear this name.
Azpilicueta wines are made in a very careful elaboration with the best selection of grapes from the Fuenmayor vineyards in Rioja Alta and are characterized by their great personality, structure, complexity and a wide range of sensations.